Very superstitious, Writing's on the wall, Very superstitious, Ladders bout' to fall...

SlapshotWrangler

CALGARY - Jacques Lafontaine has been doing well so far, winning both of his VHL appearances. He has done well, having a respectable 2.4 goals against average and a save percentage of 0.921. But we are not here to ask him about how he plays so well or his playing style. We aren't here to talk about his amazing season with the Saskatoon Wild. We are here to find out about any pre-game rituals or any superstitions he has on game days. A lot of players have superstitions or pre-game rituals, especially goalies. After all, the mental game comes before the physical one.

"Well, I don't have many superstitions. A big one I had before but I stopped was using a blank mask for every new team. Obviously, it wouldn't be a new mask if I used a blank mask now so I decided I'd just use a new mask for every team. One I have now is that at warm ups, I have to skate 3 laps around our zone. It helps me calm down. Another one is my stick tape has to be one of my team's colours. For example, I use red stick tape. Looks odd but I seem to win a lot with this superstition."