General Zod: From Krypton to Houston

Matt_O

image.jpeg.03fdb34b808b9ab41fc898de637fdd61.jpeg

When my parents put me into that tiny, closed in space ship and sent me off into outer space, I had no idea what would come my way, what was going on, or anything at all, for that matter. I haven't seen my parents since, I wonder how they are doing. Do they have intergalactic mail services? I would like to send them Christmas cards this year. Anyways, I arrived on Earth and I'm not sure how old I was, but all I remember was a big crash and all the sudden I stopped moving, and I could see a bright blue sky, with little white things they call clouds. A man was standing over me, and all I could see was his big bald head reflecting the sunlight. He lifted me up out of the ship, and said to me "Hey kid, my names Johnny. Welcome to Houston." He adopted me and he was a father to me. He taught me the basics of hockey at a young age, and I had a love for the game from the start.

Not only did he teach me how to play hockey, he also kept me extremely fit. I became absolutely shredded, with muscles popping out all over my big beautiful body. Unfortunately, my large frame scared the other kids from him, and some travel teams simply refused to believe that I was actually a child, and not a man just trying to get onto a kids ice hockey team. Eventually, I said forget all those teams. I'll practice on my own, and screw the NHL. I'll play for the VHL instead. Naturally, living in Houston, I grew an infatuation with the new expansion team Houston Bulls, and after a very successful first season, I fell in love with them. My room was covered in posters, with Jerry Garcia being my idol. I wanted to be like him, a hard nosed, physical defensive defensemen that could still pick up points if needed. Some ask me if I would rather be in the Hall of Fame or win championships, I think it's a stupid question. Why not both? 

The only hockey team that would accept me as a kid was my high school teams, no travel teams would accept that I was the correct age. Naturally, I shredded up the league with penalty minutes and suspensions, but when I was actually playing, I was a force to be reckoned with. I hope to keep the same energy here in the VHLM. And I hope to make Johnny proud.

426 words

Edited by Matt_O