My case for Hall of Fame

Matt_O

Before I start this, I'll acknowledge that my old player has no chance at the hall of fame. This is obvious, since he could never really break onto the scene, but put together some very solid seasons but nothing incredible. A mediocre rookie season was followed by an improved sophomore campaign, which was his first as a Nighthawk after being taken in the expansion draft. The season after that, he had a career year, riding a hot start which saw him first in the league in points after 10 games,  he finished with an astonishing 74 points. Wait 74 points? After 10 games, I had nearly 20 points. I only had 50 points in the next 60 games. My player was extremely inconsistent, even though his point totals evened out in the final season of his career. Lets not forget that I finished with 280 hits this year, 4th in the league. How did this happen? I have no idea but it's cool anyways.

This player has no chance for the hall of fame. But perhaps my next player does. I come into this with the advantage of more knowledge on how to build players, and have a few player models to base off of. I also started my player much earlier than I did my previous player, and I got the sweet recreate bonus. Will my next player make the hall of fame? Probably not, if you played the odds. But you never know.

2 hours ago, Matt_O said:

I come into this with the advantage of more knowledge on how to build players, and have a few player models to base off of.

ahem