Houston gets swept

Matt_O

When I signed with Houston, I had a few thoughts in mind. Firstly, they were a contender, but not the favorite. I would never want to sign with the favorite, that makes me feel cheap. It's like the time Philadelphia was amazing in S67 and then the top deadline recreates signed there anyways, making them even better. They still lost in the playoffs, which put a smile on my face. 

With other top notch recreates signing in Houston, I thought we had a really good shot at winning it all. They also didn't have too many defenseman, so I could slot into the second line and get good minutes, which is important to me. I had a solid season all in all. 12 points in 20 games with 35 hits and 15 blocked shots, pretty good for a new defenseman. Next year I'm hoping for 50 points, 200 hits, and over 100 blocked shots. General Zod is a physical, defensive defenseman after all.

Right now I am ranked 7th in the draft class but I will probably move to 5th after I claim my TPE for this week. The top 8 have a decent cushion on everyone else, so I'm hoping by the time the draft comes maybe I can be top 5 in TPE rankings, maybe even top 3 but thats a bit of a stretch. Depending on team needs, I could be a top 3 pick, since I'm the second best defenseman the last time I checked.