S71 Draft Profiles - Part 8

1411372801_tallindersdps.jpg.5ecc9f460aef80e8c4550dc2123bb00e.jpg

We're approaching the big day slowly but surely, and for most prospects, it's now just a game of waiting with their offseasons already here. For others, they're still hoping their team can take home a Founders Cup. Anyways, here's the rankings, though not much has changed:

Rankings

1. Kyl Oferson -

2. Roque Davis -

3. Stone Wolski -

4. Erik Killinger -

5. Jim Bob -

6. Ola Vikingstad -

7. Thomas Landry II -

8. Uhtred -

9. Hugh Jass -

10. Joe Proto -

Biggest Risers

Jeff Blaze 9

Rich Dickbutt McFudderdudder 9

Xavier Hills 8

Biggest Fallers

Hex Valentine 8

Bennet Dahl 7

Chip chiperson 7

Newly Qualified / Requalified

Fat Beast

Newly Unqualified

Nicolas Konig

Domonique Williams

David Gonzalez

Robert Buttholio

FuzzKins

Peter Louis

Stats

Kyl Oferson

Roque Davis

Roque Davis

Uhtred

Hugh Jass

Kyl Oferson

Erik Killinger

Thomas Landry II

Uhtred

Thomas Landry II

Uhtred

Thomas Landy II

Ola Vikingstad

Kyl Oferson

Hugh Jass

Nicolas Konig

Jim Bob

Ola Vikingstad

Bob Helminen

Ola Vikingstad

Erik Killinger

Roque Davis

Erik Killinger

Jim Bob

Hugh Jass

Jason Goeson

Nicolas Konig

Kazimir Komarov

Pengu

Bob Helminen

Name

Save %

Stone Wolski

Joakim Bruden

Hex Valentine

Bennett Dahl

Woody McPine

News

Uhtred and Hugh Jass each hit the VHLM TPA limit of 250 last week.

Pengu, Bob Helminen, Rich Dickbutt McFudderdudder, and Bo Burrows each hit 100 TPE last week.

Pengu earned the most TPE last week, with 24.

Profiles

HOU_bar.png

Ray Sheilds - C - 147 TPE

A smaller center with immense offensive potential, Sheilds had a season where the points may not have been piling in, but where he showed glimpses of what he could become. Sheilds has virtually no weaknesses offensively speaking, and I expect a lot from him next season with, in all likelihood, a very prominent role on the team who drafts him. I would like to see him round out his defensive game, and his faceoff ability as well. With that said, he is still a very promising player for me, and one who has earned a ton of TPE since joining the league, including 47 in his last 2 full weeks. I think he could be a steal in this season's draft for sure.

OTT_bar.png

Rich Dickbutt McFudderdudder - D - 119 TPE

The young Swiss, Rich Dickbutt McFudderdudder, has been a defensive force in the VHLM this season. His +13 and 13 shot blocks in the playoffs rank among the leagues best, and his regular season +83 is also stunning. This is no slight to his offensive game though, because he still put up a very solid 37 points in 72 games this season. While his passing could improve, the rest of his game is balanced and effective. In terms of earning TPE, he has kept up a consistent output of 8 per week, and in his last full week, he went on a surge of 18. I definitely thinks he has the ability to end up a solid VHL player, and GMs are sure to appreciate his consistency.

HOU_bar.png

Stone Wolski - G - 364 TPE

The undisputed top goalie in the draft, Wolski has been nothing short of dominant in Houston this season. His .915 save percentage was league-leading among all goalies with more than 1 game played, and his 2.11 GAA is no less impressive. He doesn't have any glaring weaknesses whatsoever, and it shows in his remarkable consistency. He has averaged 20 TPE over his last 4 full weeks, and has never dropped below 14 TPE in any given week so far. There is no doubt that he will be a top goalie in the VHL, and I'm sure whoever lands him in the draft will be extremely pleased to not have to worry about their goalie situation for a long time.