Season 63...a season of memories

RIGA - Everybody here remembers season 63. That was the season that the hometown team, the :rig:Riga Reign:rig:, was able to bring home the cup. That season was a special season for the people in this city as well as the players that worked hard to get to that moment. A lot of memories were made during that run. At the time, Kallis Kriketers was a rookie and was their netminder, backstopping them through the playoffs. The duo of Podrick Cast and Edwin Preencarncion lead the scoring rush. The duo of Shawn Glade and Ryan Kastelic made them a formidable force at the blueline. And finally, Ryuu Crimson becoming the first player in Victory Hockey League history to win the Daisuke Kanou in their rookie season.

"Yeah, it was a big season for all of us. For some of us, this was our welcome to the Victory Hockey League. There were a lot of young guys that were on this team. We were just a group of guys working hard to do well and we just had fun with it. And what do you know, we win the Continental Cup as well. Season 63 will always be a memorable season for us," Ryuu Crimson said in an interview.

Ryuu Crimson was the playoff MVP that year. In the regular season, he scored 22 goals and had 40 assists to give him a total of 62 points. A decent number, especially considering he was a rookie. But in the playoffs, he showed the hockey world what he could do. He got 6 goals and 7 assists for a total of 13 points in 11 games. 3 of those goals came in one game against the :que: Quebec City Meute :que:which are now known as the Vancouver Wolves.

"I remember that game. I was just having a good game and my teammates were making amazing plays. The puck was just coming to me more often and I was getting them in the net. Nothing more. Like I've said time and time again, I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Speaking of those giants, along with the aforementioned Cast, Preencarnacion, Glade, Kastelic, and Kriketers, he had great linemates. Even though Jeff Gow and Jack Shephard only played one season with him before they retired, the two veterans and Ryuu Crimson seemed to click. In the regular season, they all had more than 50 points, Jeff Gow with 66, Ryuu Crimson with the aforementioned 62, and Jack Shephard with 55. It was obvious that they had great chemistry. The "Hero Line" was not the most talented line in the league but it was effective. It was arguably the best second line in the Victory Hockey League.

"Even though I did not have time to get close with the two players, they both helped me a lot at the start of my career. It was an honour to play with them and they were a big part of that rookie season. Whether it be some advice about the future or a great play, they always helped me get better."

Needless to say, Ryuu Crimson will always remember season 63.

Nice usage of logos. Nicely structured and no glaring issues.

The same things I mentioned in my last review apply here. Just a lack of color outside the logos, you could still try italicizing your speech thoughts in quotes. You made the QC wolves cry so hard they had to relocate apparently, but great playoff run for you there.

Never underestimate the strength of depth and  power 2nd line. Often times this is what will determine your playoff success.

8/10