Decision made

jRuutu

Traditionally speaking many VHL teams have just one goal song that is played whenever a goal is scored, few examples: Vancouver has the Macarena and Moscow uses DJ Blyatman´s song Gopnik, but over in Helsinki every player has the chance to pick their own goal song if they want to. I thought about it for some time and I decided to use something different, I wanted a song that is fun, catchy, but also maybe something that could annoy the other team, their players and fans. That is why I have picked La Bamba by Los Lobos.

Even though I don´t understand the lyrics, I still think It´s a fun song and has nice feel to it. Should lift the spirits inside the arena automatically when the songs starts playing and I can only guess how annoyed the other team is if the goal scored is a big one, 3-0 goal in the third period or even a empty netter to make it 4-2.

Can you imagine hearing La Bamba even once every game? I can and I sure hope it comes to that some day, but for now I´m hoping that we would hear it even every six or so games.

2 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

I go back and forth on this. The Washington Capitals started doing that this year, and its interesting, but I kind if like the uniformity of only having one song.

I liked Markus Granlund in Vancouver, he used a Finnish song for some time - was cool to see the whole arena listen to it.