My Random VHL Thoughts - S71 - Part 4

Fire Tortorella

• It seems like the European and North American Conferences are swapping strength this year. Anecdotally, I recall EU having most of the top teams last season. This year, the top 4 teams in the VHL are all in North America, while the 5th NA team would be 3rd in the EU Conference I believe. Nothing really to take out of this, just something that changes from season to season.
  • Rumors are starting to circulate in Moscow that the team could look very different next season. Stay tuned for details!
  • Moscow is currently 6th in the league I believe, and second in the European Conference. It seems like we're keeping pace with the competition and are forever 6 points behind the league leaders. Not a bad thing, since we just have to make it to the big dance, but again, just interesting.
  • In more Smitty news, my individual stats are looking OK. I'm something like 6th in the league in assists, 4th in points for a defenseman, 4th in blocked shots, and I don't know where in hits by a defenseman. I've said this before, but oddly enough, the Labatte might be the only award I have a chance of winning this season.