Thoughts on WJC

jRuutu

The upcoming junior world championship is a big tournament for me, I want to show that I can be more than just a defensive winger who hits and fights. Last year I had two points in ten games, that is not good enough even if my role last year was not to score, but this year that is going to be different. I need to be a big player, the winger group we have is young, I believe we have 3 guys who are in VHL already, but rest is coming from the juniors. I might have a top-6 role and that means I need to put the puck in the net when the opportunity shows up.

At the same time I want to lead by example, last year guys like Nygren and Havlova did most of the heavy lifting as the older guys, I tried to look them and see how they get ready for games, how they handle the media, etc, the older guys need to be the leaders of the team on and off the ice, I hope I can do that.

We have a great team this year again, won bronze last year and I think I speak for every Europe fan when I say that finals and gold is the only goal for us, we want to bring glory to the fans. Winning gold in the junior championship is not something you get to do every year, for many it´s the last chance to go after the gold, we will do whatever it takes - we are ready.

Edited by jRuutu