Europe takes the gold

jRuutu

Europe won Asia 7-3 in the finals and takes home the golden medals! What a great achievement, I had a feeling we would be in for a fun tournament, but still, totally different thing to go come out of it all as the winners. We had great players and great coaching, and of course, the support from the fans made a big difference, they pushed us forward.

This gold and victory is the first one for me in my VHL career, last year I also won a medal by playing in the European WJC team, but it was a bronze medal. This time around I played a lot better as a player, last year I struggled in the offensive end, but I have improved a lot as a player since then, proof of that is the three goals in the finals.

What made the gold even more special was the fact that Helminen and Vaakanainen were in the team with me, both players are more than likely going to play for Helsinki next year! The next step is to try and win some stuff with Helsinki Titans, my junior career is now over, but when you have three junior gold medalists playing together, the future is looking pretty bright in Helsinki!