The Downfall of the Rush

The Downfall of the Rush

The Yukon Rush was the second-best team in the VHLM this year, right behind the Ottawa Lynx – who dominated the regular season impressively. In the end, there were battles and pucks strewn about the battlefield. But there was nothing that could stop the Lynx in this last preceding season.  The Rush flew high with a strong beginning, putting themselves ahead of the Saskatoon Wild in the first round after 6 games. This strong start continued, as they went on to dominate the Las Vegas Aces in 5 games. This was the last round before the finals, in which the Ottawa Lynx completely flipped our asses around and spanked our little bottoms worse than we ever could take it. Four games were all it took for the Rush to come down to a pitiful halter. And really, there was nothing we could do.

We were a team built up by a GM with inadequate experience in the true test of it all. Someone who had never been in that finals position before. They were ill prepared for the ultimate challenge and couldn’t adjust the lines accordingly. In the end, do I blame him? Of course, I do. There was little we had to worry about during the regular season, and we ended up tying the series with Lynx in the regular season 3-3. But with these big games comes bigger prices, and the price to win was too much for a certain GM to prepare for. They couldn’t stand up to the challenge and really fight for victory.

From my perspective, I see a team that fought as strongly as they could. A team that had a lot of power and strength in their pockets – but they faltered… they dropped the ball tremendously. There was a lot of teeth polish in the locker room, and a lot of people poking around with their dental floss. It came down to nothing though, because even though they had wonderful and flawless looking teeth – they forgot the most important thing to work on. Being good at hockey.

Although they made it to the finals, the Rush. They never actually learned how to play hockey. They forgot a lot of things while on the ice, as they were mesmerized about how they were able to fit DiGiannantonio onto a nameplate for his jersey. Gino knowing how off the team was, he always tried to motivate them. He put them into drills that allowed them to succeed on the ice – but they never listened or did them. They were lost. Lost souls that never actually found their way. And that cost them. Just like the Yukon Rush were in a Rush to win, they were also Rushing to lose with that finals. They tried their hardest, but in the end – it doesn’t even matter. I just want to give a quick shoutout to my boys over there in Yukon who fought till the end. Zyrok, you’re a beast. Vin Calia, love you man. As far as everybody else that was there – I am very disappointed with your performances, and you all should be ashamed of yourselves.