My Random VHL Thoughts - S72 - Part 2

• Vancouver is currently middle of the pack. With 23 points, we're tied for 3rd in the North American Conference with the New York Americans, and tied for 5th overall in the league. With a goal differential of -1, it reaffirms that we have been a middling team. I don't have access to the fancy stats, but it also doesn't feel like we've been outshooting our opponents either. This may be who we are this year.
  • On a personal note, Smitty is having a resurgence. Currently a point per game with 22 points in 22 games, he's also 4th in the league in points for a defenseman. Normally, I'd say that means I'm at least in the ballpark for an award, but it looks like Connor Adrienne of Malmo is going to sweep all 3. The veteran defenseman is the best player on the Nighthawks and has publicly made it known he does not wish to be traded.
  • I've seen a couple mentions of this in Discord, but some people who sign up don't understand that they're not actually playing the game on NHL 20 or something. This may be a misunderstanding because there at least USED to be an EASHL league called the VHL, but I don't know what it actually stood for. I think LG is the new EASHL league, but it's still surprising/odd that it still happens.