My Random VHL Thoughts - S72 - Part 3

• So...it was a relatively busy week in the VHL. Between civil rights fundraising, changes to the VHLM Commish team, and multiple VHL trades, this week has seemed like it's been the busiest in-season week in quite some time.
  • Not sure if this is going to be an unpopular opinion or not, but I was initially against the idea of an "official" VHL donation drive for BLM. It has nothing to do with the topic itself, but around the fact that I thought we should limit the overall number of donation/charity drives that we do. Each time we "ask" for money (and I don't necessarily mean ask for money for the VHL, but "ask" for any donation for anything) it can diminish the affects of future drives. 
  • Speaking of trades...Vancouver made a pretty big trade, and I'm pretty sure everyone already knows my thoughts on it. We're kind of sort of maybe doing better since the trade...but I'd argue small sample size to death. If given an option between this current team and the team at the beginning of the season, I'm picking the team at the beginning of the season 100%.