SSN Press Conference

avatar_14961_1467036421.jpg.0594364a4a11030f4ab38412720ce7b3.jpg

Shite Sports News

'cacatum non-veritas'

Shite Sports News sat down with @Andre LeBastard today at the conclusion of the World Junior Championships. Here is a brief extract from that interview.

SSN: So Andre, the tournament has concluded for you and Team Asia, what are your thoughts, firstly on the Team Asia performance and then on your play?

ALB: Well, I thought we did OK to begin the competition, beating Canada and the USA but unfortunately we dropped off a little as we couldn't match some of the bigger nations towards the end. As for myself, I wasn't really happy with my play, I felt I could have done better. It's my first international tournament and I think if I get the chance again, I will be better.

SSN: Would you like to be back playing for Team Asia next time out, or would you prefer to play for your home nation of Canada?

ALB: It was kind of weird pulling on that sweater for the first time, I'll admit, I was very honoured to be selected to play in the competition. Of course, you always want to play for the country of your birth, so yeah, I'd love to play for Canada at some point in my career. 

SSN: So tell the fans what's next in store for @Andre LeBastard?

ALB: Well we have to finish the regular season, as you know and we are still in the hunt for a playoff berth, which would be awesome for an expansion club. I think the way the boys have come together so far this season is amazing and we really want to make our great fans proud and be involved in the post-season. After that, well there is the VHL draft,  but let's just concentrate on the next game and see what happens.

SSN: Thanks Andre and good luck for the rest of the season.

• 3 weeks later...

Suddenly a random reporter jumps into the mix and grabs a hold of @Andre LeBastard, demanding answers to a rapid fire of questions:

1. Who the hell do you think you are?

Please allow me to introduce my self, I'm a man of wealth and taste.

2. What the hell do you hope to accomplish in the VHL?

Well first we have to win the VHLM, then we get the power, then we get the money, then we get the wimmin.

After that, I'll think about the VHL, I'm not even drafted yet.

3. Is there a hell of a player that you look up to in the VHL?

Whats with this obsession about hell? Are you trying to get me to sell you something in exchange for improve my skill?

But I have to admit that i like the name Micah Adrienne, mostly cos my sisters name is Adrienne.

4. What the hell about the VHLM?

Well it is a minor hockey league nominally for un-drafted players to develop prior to the VHL entry draft.

But we think it's a lot of fun and we have plans to conquer all next season, after we win it all this season:)

5. Is there a real hell and what is it all about?

I think I should ask you that question. 

6. How the hell would you know that?

I was born in a crossfire hurricane. Seriously, who let this guy in here? Security!

7. What the hell do you like to drink in the morning?

I like Pina Colada's and getting caught in the rain. 

8. Can I get a hello for my man at the back?

Uh, you mean the guy in the very black robe with the funny hockey stick?