Bob the powerplay

jRuutu

One powerplay goal against Moscow and another in the game against Davos, I now have six powerplay goals this season. When the playoffs are around the corner, being able to score on the man advantage is a huge thing not just for me but for the whole team. Every goal is huge in the playoff race and later in the playoffs of course. Helsinki as a team has not been among the best powerplay teams in the league, around 17% is bottom of the league, but that sounds harsher than it really is, Prague is the best powerplay team and their powerplay percentage is around 24, so not THAT big of a difference between the best and bottom, but like I said every goal is important and often the tight games are decided on the powerplay, so no denying the fact that Helsinki could be better.

And I think that is the case, we have been better on the powerplay lately. Always tough early on when new players join the team, the balance and chemistry take a while. Some players are used to having the puck on their stick more, maybe they don´t get it as much in Helsinki or the other way around, they have the puck on their stick all the time, chemistry and finding the open sticks become important, but I´m positive that Helsinki and the powerplay will be a difference-maker in the last regular-season games and in the playoffs.