That Time an Inactive Played 2 Games for Saskatoon

diacope 2

The Season was 71 and the games were 316 and 320. The Saskatoon Wild were just minding their own business reviewing the day’s sims when they noticed a bit of an oddity in the 3 stars list:

PVghhDn.png

Now if you’re not that familiar with Saskatoon’s roster, Kazimir Komarov will likely be the MVP for the S72 playoffs, and Timothy Brown was Saskatoon’s highest earning player. The question in this instance was, “Who the hell is Micha Sage?”

Micha Sage is an inactive player that belonged to a user named AcousticKazoo. Sage played S67 in Ottawa, before going to the VHL’s New York Americans in S68. Micha had a really good rookie season in New York, putting up 20 goals and 21 assists. However, he retired after that season and faded into obscurity. Sage had 301 TPA at the time of retirement.

The Saskatoon LR was pretty comical after the sim with a variety of reactions. McWolf’s statement following the game was, “I have no idea who Micha Sage is and how he got in our lines”. TTtheT and Doomsday were confused as to who Sage was, and Kachur was happy that being on Sage’s line boosted his point production, though he was also visibly confused. Boragina suggested blaming Beketov, while I just laughed at the fact that an inactive player came out of retirement to get the first star in our game against Houston.

Micha Sage opened the scoring in game 316 vs. Houston, for his first professional hockey league goal in over three seasons. He also added another tally in the second, and picked up an assist on a goal by Bobby Wyman in the third. Even though Komarov had a goal and three assists, this was good enough to get Sage the first star. Sage also led all Wild skaters for ice time with 30:36, tying Bobby Wyman. This was comical to me for a skater that shouldn’t have even been on the ice. 

The second game didn’t go as well for Micha. Saskatoon got beat pretty bad by Ottawa (7-3), as this was Season 71 we were talking about. We were not as good that season and Ottawa won it all. However, Sage picked up an assist on goals by Adam Frence and Gary Neal, and probably had the best performance once again by all Wild skaters. If not for the fact that we got annihilated, Sage likely would’ve been the first star for us once again.

Even though McWolf promptly took Sage out of the lineup to escape the wrath of the simmers, it says that he played four games on both team scoring in the portal and on the index. However, the games against Houston and Ottawa were the only two games I can find that he actually played in. Micha’s stats on the portal remain constant with the two games I can confirm he actually played with us, with 2 goals and 3 assists.

9vSiXZR.png

Edited by a_Ferk

6 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

Even though McWolf promptly took Sage out of the lineup to escape the wrath of the simmers, it says that he played four games on both team scoring in the portal and on the index. However, the games against Houston and Ottawa were the only two games I can find that he actually played in. Micha’s stats on the portal remain constant with the two games I can confirm he actually played with us, with 2 goals and 3 assists.

I think he was rostered in 2 other games but not actually on any line.

Thanks for the humorous history lesson! I loved the bit at the end about boosting his legend. Just a personal preference: it would have been nice to hear from someone on how it happened (I know McWolf has a quote that he has no idea, but did anyone find out? Is there any way of finding out? Oh well; I suppose it's not very important. Still interesting!). I especially liked the "reverse" linear nature of the story, in that you covered the reaction (bewilderment, amusement, etc.) and then delved into the details of the games. It's kind of fun when stories do that, and this was no exception. The ending is abrupt, but, as I mentioned, humorous, which goes with the article. Good work! Score: 9.5/10

2 hours ago, ahockeyguy said:

Thanks for the humorous history lesson! I loved the bit at the end about boosting his legend. Just a personal preference: it would have been nice to hear from someone on how it happened (I know McWolf has a quote that he has no idea, but did anyone find out? Is there any way of finding out? Oh well; I suppose it's not very important. Still interesting!). I especially liked the "reverse" linear nature of the story, in that you covered the reaction (bewilderment, amusement, etc.) and then delved into the details of the games. It's kind of fun when stories do that, and this was no exception. The ending is abrupt, but, as I mentioned, humorous, which goes with the article. Good work! Score: 9.5/10

As far as we know, Beketov somehow added him to our lines when he was doing the sim. I think he clicked on the guy by accident.