James Rose - This time, I know what I'm doing

mattyIceman

Oh boy, where shall I begin?

After the rollercoaster expansion and entry drafts, James Rose did find himself in some kind of see-saw limbo.

"At first, I had my heart set to play a third season in Houston", said Rose.  :Last season, with the team notching only ten wins, I wanted one last shot at a title".

Having been drafted by Helsinki in the 3rd round in season 72, he was left unprotected, unknowing to him.  He was selected by the London United during the expansion draft.

"It was a whirlwind moment!" he exclaimed.  "I understood the situation in Helsinki, with many retiring players, it made sense only after the fact that they had to protect their entire VHL roster.  I have an opportunity to gain valuable experience now and share a locker room with experienced guys and fresh blood.  It really feels like I fit in nicely here.  The management team welcomed me and told me I can be a huge part of this new franchise, and I can call London home now.  There are no hard feelings for anyone anywhere."

With his happy-go-lucky attitude, Rose showed up to training camp recently and impressed the staff, giving him top line minutes and tons of responsibility.  "Its a different vibe here" said Rose.  "Kinda like a group of misfits trying to find their place in the league.  I've taken some "me time" during training camp to visit some landmarks and attractions, like Buckingham palace, Piccadilly circus and the Big Ben.  During training camp in Helsinki last season, I wore a jacket, barely understood anyone and drove around in a Subaru, sliding in the snow.  While all that was fun, I stayed primarily within the nucleus of the team, learning from the veterans and the systems, trying my best to keep up!!  Haha it was a first for me, so I tried to soak it all in.  This time around, I know what I'm doing much more clearly."

At the moment of this writing, he has recorded two assists in three losses, ranking second in the league in blocked shots.

"I think this season will be quite a challenge, but hey I've bounced around to more teams than the two seasons I've been playing in the league." said Rose.  "Maybe due to expansion, the league is a more diluted talent pool.  I'm craving every chance I get to make a serious name for myself.  I get to play against everyone, that's going to make me much better, much quicker!"

Edited by MattyIce