Luke Thornton. One Step Away from being a Champion

ThePerfectNut

It has been a longgggg season men

I remember like it was yesterday. That me and Onde Sandstrom was on that bus, going to our hockey game while watching that 2006 World Cup Game between Finland and Sweden.

Now look at us today men. We both played in the World Junior Cup (Not with sweden, but we each played for a different country) and we somewhat made a name for ourselves in it.

We got seperated in the VHLM draft, but we still did our own thing. Onde Sandstrom may have had slightly better stats, but I'm bearing more responsibilites for a team that is in the Finals right now hehe.

Anyway, we both worked hard all year long and now the VHL draft is near. Our goals was to become lottery picks for the S74 draft and we did just that. We will yet again be seperated, but we will each have to bear  huge responsibilites for the franchise that will draft us. Although maybe we will link up one day, who knows. Only time will tell.

There has been a lot of buzzing and rumours of me falling in the draft and I'm honestly shocked about it. I've been working all year long for the team that I'm playing for and the draft rankings got me ranked at #2, but because of my playstyle. It is not really popular in these ages of complete scorers. I guess I just need to prove them wrong once I fall down and get drafted.

Now back to the VHLM playoff. I do not know why, but I am leading my team in points and I'm shutting down the best players on the other team. It's been a great feeling to respond to all the responsibilities that the coach is giving me when it matters the most. It's been an amazing experience playing with this Miami team and I truly hope that I can finnaly hoist the VHLM cup. Which has been my goal since day 1 in the VHLM draft.

Edited by Jtv123