Shovels are big spoons

jRuutu

giphy.gif

It's Monday, I hear a knock on the door, as I walk towards it I realize that I have spent the night in my caravan, but I can't remember anything about last night. I notice the empty cans on the floor. ''That explains it'' - I thought to myself. I open the door, it's Dave, my personal trainer/chef.  Just by looking at his face, I can already tell whatever is about to come out of his mouth is not going to be nice. ''What is wrong with you, do you know what day it is?''

I did not even bother to answer.

''Training camp starts in two hours and you spent the whole night doing who knows what, this is not how a professional behaves'' yelled Dave while walking behind me towards the house.

I still did not say anything, the thought of training camp made me feel sick, I almost vomited, how could I forget the start of the training camp. I had to suck it up and start to prepare for whatever was coming up. I quickly came up with a plan, ''I still have a six-pack in the fridge, if I take a couple on the road and eat something, I might just make through the first day''

That sounded good in my head. I sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen and yelled towards Dave:

''Can you make me some porridge or something, I'm starving''.

''Sure thing, I'm already on it'' said Dave.

Meanwhile, I started my daily morning routine and opened the vhlforum.com portal on my phone.  ''Look at those stats, ten goals, twelve assists, why do they even want me into the training camp, I can play already''. My meditation moment was interrupted by Dave who put a plate full of porridge in front of my face.

'Thanks' I said.

I started to eat, Dave was doing some dishes and cleaning up the place. I still could not remember what happened, the place looked like a mess. Was there a party or did I do all that alone? It did not matter. I had more urgent things to worry about.

I was almost done eating when Dave walked in front of me.

''Do you need a ride to the arena today? You don't look too good''

''Too good?'' I replied with a smile on my face, the thought of six-pack in the fridge made me feel giddy inside.
''A ride would be great, thanks. I still have few beers in the fridge, those should get me going again''

Dave looked at me with a confused look on his face, I could not tell why, was it because of my overall condition or more on me thinking about drinking a couple of beers before training camp? The answer to that question was like a cold slap on the face.

''There is no beer in the fridge, it's almost empty''

''FUCK'' - I yelled. With that came a flashback from last night, I remember taking all the beer with me into the caravan, I must have passed out from drinking too much.

I stood up and said to Dave: ''Let's just go, I get my stuff and I'll meet you outside''

The ride to the arena was a pain. I did not feel good. Dave tried to comfort me by saying that at least I would be the first one there. He was right, only a 20-minute ride from my place to the arena, but I feared what Jubo thinks when he sees me and even more about what the day would be like, Titans training camps are notoriously demanding, especially the first days.

We arrived at the arena, the parking lot was empty. I stepped out of the car and took my bag from the backseat.

I leaned to the passenger's side window and looked at Dave.

''This day will suck''

''Yep'' said Dave while nodding his head. He drove off.

''Another day in paradise'' I thought to myself while walking towards the entrance.