Why Jeffrey Pines Should Have Been Selected First Overall

diacope 2

A Brief Summary

Jeffrey Pines is the player of rory, a first gen member that joined back in April. Rory was one of the Mexico City players during motza’s tenure there, and he currently plays for the Los Angeles Stars.

Jeffrey Pines’ Earning History

Rory wasted no time with his uncapped career TPE opportunities early on, submitting his Prospect Scouting Report in his first week. However, he only earned 8 capped TPE in his first week. He showed some potential to max earn in his second week with 10 capped, but then slipped back down to 8 the following two weeks. The following week, rory bought a full free week and this changed his earning completely. He has max earned almost every week since, with the occasional week with only 10 capped. Rory’s main earning strength has been the uncapped TPE opportunities however. Career point tasks and fantasy payouts are a common theme in Jeffrey Pines’ earning history. I am assuming that this is the reason that he is currently highly ranked in the S73 class despite his lower Average Capped TPE of 10.261. It may have also helped that he created pretty close to the trade deadline.

The S73 VHL Draft

Jeffrey Pines was selected in the first round, 8th overall to the Los Angeles Stars. Despite being selected 8th, Pines had more TPE at the time of the draft than Groovy Dood, John Merrick and Jean Pierre Camus, who were selected first, fifth and seventh, respectively. This is still true to this day, as Pines has a current TPE rank of 5th in the class. He also passed Grekkark Gyrfalcon in TPE since the draft, who was drafted higher than him at 6th. The main reason that I believe Pines going first overall is not that big of a stretch is that Groovy Dood went first overall. Dood is 8th in TPE for the class, so it’s even less of a reach to have picked the 5th ranked player in that spot. Furthermore, D.C. needed a forward and it isn’t like they strictly had to be a winger. Jeffrey Pines is a centre, but it would not have been hard to make the switch. Pines also could’ve played centre, with D.C. second line centre Boris the Forest playing the wing. Overall I think Pines is a better option TPE wise for a forward.

Closing Statement

Jeffrey Pines has been a good player for the Stars so far in his career, and I think his case for first overall is as good a case as any for the S73 draft class. My reasoning behind this is that there are many great players in that class. If drafting the 8th best player in the class at first overall can be seen as a good pick, I don’t see why picking Jeffrey Pines first overall would be much more of an issue. Now that rory is an updater, it will be even easier for him to max earn and will potentially eliminate all the weeks he only earned 10 in the future, further helping his case.

Edited by a_Ferk