My thoughts

I have to say that theme week was a little difficult for me to write as I’m not the most engaged member on the site, but it still gave me a fun shot to look around the league, learn a few things and now I’m better off for it. The first thing I want to say is that the league has so much history. You could pick so many people and I don’t think you’d really be that wrong. I was looking at wingers and dmen and center and goalies and was like holy crap, it’s so hard to pick just a few because there’s so many of them. I’ve seen a few posts and talked in the locker room and even some of them agreed. With that being said, I’m sorry if my picks are not the best and hope that nobody thinks anything of it. Before I go any deeper, I used the portals Hall of Fame stats to pull up my team. I may not be picking the best player 100% based off stats and might have a couple reasons why I picked them!

FORWARDS

Franchise Cornerstone - I always hear a lot about him and looking at his stats, I know why. Very impressive career where he scored a lot of goals, points and managed to add so much hardware to his very full collection. 

Theo Axelsson - Every strong player like Cornerstone needs a tough boy to protect him. Theo threw around his body like it was the only thing he cared about. He’s #1 on the list for hits, he cranked 1,000 penalty minutes but what impresses me more to go along with all of this is that he also managed 700+ points in just over 500 games. PLUS, he has the most game winning goals ever. Look out for him.

Pietro Maxmioff - This guy was good. His points and goals totals were awesome but what added him to my list was the fact that he was #1 for most shots on the portal timeline. I need a guy that’s wanting to shoot the puck tons and adding him to the other 2 is going to be huge.

I know how hard this theme week was too. I didn't know much about the top payers so having to actually do research on them was interesting. I applaud you on giving it a shot like I did and doing some reseasrch on your forwards. Only thing I'll say is try highlining the player names so it's easier to find them at a glance. 8/10 GG

On 10/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, Rocket said:

I have to say that theme week was a little difficult for me to write as I’m not the most engaged member on the site, but it still gave me a fun shot to look around the league, learn a few things and now I’m better off for it. The first thing I want to say is that the league has so much history. You could pick so many people and I don’t think you’d really be that wrong. I was looking at wingers and dmen and center and goalies and was like holy crap, it’s so hard to pick just a few because there’s so many of them. I’ve seen a few posts and talked in the locker room and even some of them agreed. With that being said, I’m sorry if my picks are not the best and hope that nobody thinks anything of it. Before I go any deeper, I used the portals Hall of Fame stats to pull up my team. I may not be picking the best player 100% based off stats and might have a couple reasons why I picked them!

FORWARDS

Franchise Cornerstone - I always hear a lot about him and looking at his stats, I know why. Very impressive career where he scored a lot of goals, points and managed to add so much hardware to his very full collection. 

Theo Axelsson - Every strong player like Cornerstone needs a tough boy to protect him. Theo threw around his body like it was the only thing he cared about. He’s #1 on the list for hits, he cranked 1,000 penalty minutes but what impresses me more to go along with all of this is that he also managed 700+ points in just over 500 games. PLUS, he has the most game winning goals ever. Look out for him.

Pietro Maxmioff - This guy was good. His points and goals totals were awesome but what added him to my list was the fact that he was #1 for most shots on the portal timeline. I need a guy that’s wanting to shoot the puck tons and adding him to the other 2 is going to be huge.

DEFENSE
Black Velvet - I like the name and he is one of the best, if not best dman on the list. It kind of seems like he can do a little bit of everything and that’s what you need from your blue line. Makes me think of velvet cake or something. I imagine this guys bodily physique is that of a roman god.

Maxim Kovalchuk - A good old russian guy. I really like his name and it seems like he was fairly successful throughout his career. The fact I’m including one of my GM’s players in will hopefully get me some good points with him haha I think he was a forward for a bit bana said or i seen in the LR so this might be cheating but he still had a solid career in both positions.

GOALIE
Markus King - I think a lot picked Kallis and that’s great for them, but the King is the King. He doesn’t have too few wins compared, but his GAA is better, more SO’s, more saves and a better save percentage. I think if I’m making a dream team, you need the KING! He had a pretty good career too and did all this in a little less games.