Cologne Head to the World Cup

AwfulHomesick

In what seems to be one of the most exciting World Cup tournaments the world has ever seen, a collection of VHL teams have flown to Brazil to support their team's nation team, or their own home country. Specifically, for the Cologne Express, having most of the team's players from Canada or other not-so-soccer crazed countries, David Collier and Ron World Peace, being natives of Germany, have lead this band of misfits to watch their first ever soccer match in support of Germany.

The Express players that aren't from Germany have an idea of who's who in the Bundesliga (top German soccer league) and their top stars. "Thanks to Collier and World Peace, I've been slowly been growing into my own as a soccer fan, and I gotta say, it's exciting stuff," says goaltender Blaine Olynick.

As the Express team watched in awe of the pounding that the Germans gave the Portuguese national team in a 4-0 game, it was safe to say that there will be more members of the team that will attend future soccer match viewing parties. After the game, the Express team was granted access to the German locker room and gave humongous praise to the team. Surprisingly, some German national team members were Cologne Express fans themselves, and gave their thanks to the Express for their efforts this season. Both teams bonded well off into the night after the game as Ron World Peace once again was nearly arrested by Brazilian authorities for trying to punch a native at a local nightclub. Cologne GM had no comment on this matter.