7 Down, 1 to Go

CowboyinAmerica

:dcd:

D.C. Bows Out, But Flowers Already Looking to Next Season

Washington, D.C. -- Lance Flowers' first season on the D.C. Dragons didn't go the way he wanted to, but it didn't necessarily go poorly either. The D.C. Dragons got a few playoff wins under their belt, getting through the Wild Card round before falling to the first seeded (and eventual North American champion) Vancouver Wolves. For Flowers, who got personal playoff-best five goals in those nine playoff games, it showed the beginning of the team's potential.

"I thought we had the juice to go even further, just couldn't quite get it done this time," he told reporters at a post-season media session. "But I'm already looking forward to next season."

That next season, though, will be his last because of the VHL's forced retirement rule. That, combined with a Dragons roster that has a number of players in regression, puts the pressure on to get just about everything right from the first puck drop. Flowers is fine with that pressure though. In fact, to listen to him talk, he even welcomes it.

"What's hockey without a little challenge? My goals from when I signed here haven't changed - this is a franchise that has never been to the finals, and I want to take them there. I'm oh-for-one so far. But a 50 percent success rate wouldn't be bad, wouldn't you say?"