Sirkants Klamasteris scouting

hedgehog337

Sirkants Klamasteris is the big 6'5'' 235 pounds goalie that is coming from a small city named of Kuldīga. Since an early age of 4 he was into the hockey as his parents were big fans of hockey. Also, his father was playing professionally in Latvian championship. During his childhood and teenage years Sirkants was playing in different tiers of Latvian leagues before he was noticed by a Hedgehog agency. The agency that already produced one VHL Hall of Fame goalie Kallis Kriketers was impressed by his size and ability to use this as the asset. After he turned 18 he started to play in higher tier Latvian leagues and Canadian junior leagues, but the biggest achievement so far came 7 years later when he declared for the VHLM draft. He was drafted 6th overall by the Ottawa Lynx team. In S74, he performed admirably. In regular season he had a 36-28-8 record with the .899 save percentage. In playoffs he continued his good play, but even his .905 performance didn't save his team from being eliminated in game 7 of the quarterfinal series. 

Now let's looks at his strengths and weaknesses. 

STRONG

- Rebounds. In the minors Sirkants learned very well about the rebounding technique. Even before his first VHLM game he was decent with it, but he definitely polished this skill during his minor year. You would rarely see him letting the puck in front of him. Having a good rebounding will be huge in the majors as the league definitely has guys that like to shoot the puck literally from everywhere. 

- Having a sound skillset. I think this explains everything. Good rebounding skills? Check. Good hands movement? Check. Reaction? Check. Ability to work with his size? Check. It's been proven that if you want to be a good goalie in this league you gotta have these attributes on bag. Seems like Sirkants is aware of that and I think this is definitely one of reasons why he was performing good in minors. 

WEAK

- No agility. While the big Latvian was focused on developing his main skills he seemed to forget that he has to get other attys on check too. Like agility. He has the size and he knows how to work with it. But I just can't deny that he tends to be clumsy during some plays. He gotta understand that he won't win games with his size alone. 

- No speed either. Like, he is a goalie and not a player. However, that doesn't mean that he shouldn't pay an attention on skating in practice facility. At this moment, you better hope he won't try to play the puck from behind because I feel like he just won't be able to reach it before the opposition comes to it first. 

IN TOTAL

It looks like Sirkants knows what to do in order to being successful in this league. But I also think he isn't paying enough attention to little details that also could be very important in the big league. In overall, I think he has all the chances to follow Kriketers' footsteps and become the second Latvian goalie that made it in the Hall of Fame. You just can't deny that his size is an asset and if he can manage to make it work perfectly the opponents won't find many holes to shoot in. It just now depends on his work ethic and if he would be mentally better than Kallis.