Bob +15, passenger now drives the bus?

jRuutu

One look at the team scoring of Seattle Bears is enough to suggest that something interesting is going on. Winger Jim Bob has a +/- rating of +15 after 32 games. Quickly analyzing the stats might not make it look so impressive as Seattle has been playing well, but those who have been following Jim Bob's career know that he is not going to backcheck if the bench is closer, which has resulted in Bob being in the minus for his whole career, until now at least.

Jim Bob himself commented on his solid season so far after last nights game against Toronto:

''Team has been playing well, so only natural that I have been able to collect the benefits of that. They say +/- is not an important stat and does not tell too much about the player, but in my case, that is not exactly true as I have been thinking of defense as a hindrance to my performance on the ice. Better to take the minus and goal against if it means being full of energy for the next shift. Unfortunately, the coaches in Seattle refused to put me out there for a reminder of the game if I don't backcheck at all, so I had to change my game. I have been playing more defense this year and I think it shows.''