Rusty Knale Scouting Report

HatrickRoy

Legendary hockey brawler coming to Kingston | The Kingston Whig Standard

Rusty Knale Scouting Report

Height: 6'8

Weight: 248 lbs

Position: Defense

Rusty Knale is a defenceman currently playing for the Philadelphia Reapers of the VHLM after a career playing hockey in the bus leagues of North America. It's safe to say that Rusty's broken English, massive afro, and dazzling personality will make him a fan favourite wherever he goes. Oh yeah, and he likes to fight. A lot. 

Pros:

Shot power

Rusty has one hell of a shot. And when I say that, I don't mean that as in he has great accuracy; he can just whip the puck. Alas, one of his major weaknesses is shot accuracy, so his booming slappers usually miss the net by a good couple feet or make a huge dent in the post. This complete lack of accuracy has definitely been a factor in his 0 goals this season. 

Toughness

Rusty is 'tough as Knales', as his teammates used to say. He isn't afraid of anyone on the ice, and he gets a lot of respect just from his afro and lack of front teeth alone. His towering figure is also quite intimidating when you're on the opposite end of the ice as Knale. Rusty will get into a fight with anyone, and he usually wins. Due to his unique blend of skill and grit, he is often both the enforcer AND the scorer on his team.

Unique blend of skill and grit

I want to further discuss this topic as I feel it is an important part of why Rusty is valuable. Rusty looks like an enforcer and he acts like an enforcer, but he can put the puck in the net pretty well. He also has zero finesse, which adds to the enforcer look to make the enforcer act seem even realer

Cons: 

Passing

Yeah, Rusty doesn't pass very much. He likes to either score or fight. This is another reason for his dismal production. Most of his passes are 'muffins', which means they are flippy and soft. He really couldn't care less about making the pass go through, because if it gets intercepted, he gets to hit the guy who intercepted it! Passing is something Rusty's coaches are trying to force on him.

Skating

"Rusty skates like a wounded dolphin" said one of his previous coaches. As I mentioned earlier, Rusty has no finesse at all, usually relying on his long legs to catch up with guys. His style is that of long, powerful strides if you can imagine someone who has been on skates for two months doing so. He's improved it a bit this year, but it remains a blaring hole in his otherwise decent game.

Rage Issues

It's not certified by a doctor, but it's pretty clear that if you piss Rusty off, you face the consequences. Technically, for an enforcer, it's a good thing to get angry at your opponent. But Rusty sometimes gets carried away and takes himself completely out of the play just to get back at some douchebag who cheap-shotted him.