Thadius Sales - Rookie Experience

thadthrasher

It seems like it was only yesterday that Thadius Sales captured his first win after starting in net. It was S74, game 405 against the Mississauga Hounds. Sales only allowed one puck into the net which allowed the Halifax 21st to walk away with a 4-1. After a few more games with Halifax, Sales declared for the VHLM draft and was first selected as the 21st overall by the Miami Marauders. Then, he entered the VHL draft as the 36th overall pick by the New York Americans. Sales packed up his bags in Halifax and took a plane to Miami.

During S75, Sales was put in net as the starter for Miami. While he was having a fairly good season in Miami, management saw the potential that Sales had and knew he was certainly going to be going up to the New York Americans for S76. So, in a move with hopes for goalie longevity, Sales was traded to the Las Vegas Aces where Sales finished out the season as their new starter.

After a short playoff run that ended in disappointment, Sales was hired on as the General Manager of the World Juniors Championship. Not only has he been managing the team, but he's also been swapping starting positions in the net with Markus Emerson Jr @Xflexz where they have found great success. It's too bad you can't have both goalies in net at the same time.

With all of the excitement of the WJC, and a fairly decent rookie season in the minors, Sales had this to say regarding his upcoming move to the majors.

I still can't believe that I'm doing this. A couple of years ago as I was sitting in the yard of the prison, blocking rocks like pucks, I never would have thought I'd be playing professional hockey. It started with trust from Halifax, a great time in Miami and Las Vegas, and now I'm going to play for the Americans. It's truly unbelievable. 

I'm really hoping that as I come in that I've made a big enough impression to be the starter. It will be hard, but I trust the guys in front of me completely. It would be quite the story, to be the starter of a VHL team in my rookie season in the majors would be the dream. But, no matter what management decides, I trust them.

Sales then reported to us some areas of improvement.

I'm definitely solid on my rebound control and and hand speed. I'm good to move around the crease and seem to react fine, but what really gets me is my frustration. It's as if I let one in and I risk turning into a slice of Swiss cheese. I let it get the best to me once in Miami when I started seeing red and nearly beat a guy to death, again, sorry about that Ramarod Ramirez @Ominous. I know that if I focus on my aggression and frustration that I'll be the best goalie the VHL has seen.

Confident as always. We look forwarding to seeing Sales' first game in the net for the New York Americans. But, until then, let's enjoy some WJC!