Miller looking forward to Draft and Super Cup

Beketov

• Commissioner

After a disappointing game 7 loss knocked the Moscow Red Wolves out of the VHLM playoffs prospect Jackson Miller took some time away from hockey to get his head straight and look toward the future. S38 didn’t end how the future draft pick had hoped but he came to the conclusion to look at the silver lining. When talking with VHL.com Miller said,

“It sucks to get pushed out of the playoffs like that, especially after how well we played in the three wins. I’m not dwelling on the past though, I’m looking to the future."

That future, at least immediately speaking, is the VHL draft (set to take place tomorrow evening) and the VHL Super Cup which will see it’s second iteration in the coming off-season.

“I’m really surprised the draft got announced that soon, I was expecting to have another week or so before the event so travel plans are certainly taking off quick and I’m trying to mentally prepare myself for the whole thing.

At the same time, the Super Cup draft was televised last night. I didn’t exactly go early on but I wasn’t expecting to since the best of the best in the VHL are taking part. I’m just glad I get to play with some of these guys and hopefully learn from them as I look toward my VHL career."

Miller was drafted by Joey Kendrick’s "Walser This Way” Super Cup team 49th overall and will be playing on the second line for the tournament. As for the VHL draft, he is expected to go early on with predictions ranging from 1st-4th overall.