Cabe McJake - Rookie Experience

Red

Night Riga | World cities, Riga, San francisco skyline

It's been a long road for one of Riga's bright new prospects. After waiting for another season in the VHLM, rookie sensation Cabe McJake will join many fellow talented S75 draftee's making there entrance into the league this season, most of which will be playing along side him in Riga. "It's a different type of year." an anonymous VSN writer stated. "Last season we saw what was one of the deepest most competitive drafts in the VHL's history and now we get to see how these young players will change this league.". The anticipation in the air is now palpable as the new season is only a day away. With the excitement growing around the league with many of it's bright new talents, we caught up with one of the fastest risers from the aforementioned draft to talk about how he's preparing for the new season.

"You've been in Riga for a few day's now, have you gotten used to the city or explored it a bit."

"Yeah a little. When I have the time to of course. From first glance it looks really beautiful. It's not as lavish or grand as some other cities such as New York or LA, but it has a very good community that loves the game. I would sometimes get recognized in the street which would rarely happen in the other markets in the bigger cities."

"With such a strong draft class in S75, how do you think these new players will change the league."

"It's going to be interesting. I think what were all hoping for is that we can grow the game and the league by performing well and giving the fans something to look up to. But before that happens we need to produce on the ice, which is what I'm preparing for."

"Last question, What is the main goal going into your first season with Riga"

"Easy question, playoffs. I know this is the first season we've all been together and I know there's still chemistry to be made, but I believe with the talent on this roster that it's possible. We are going to need to pull off a few upsets but me and McLaren know a thing or two about those."

Riga and McJake will open there campaign tomorrow against HC Davos Dynamo before taking on regular season favorite's Moscow Menace a day later. With an incredibly young roster there will be a big learning curve for these young players, but one can only imagine what this team will become in a few years time.