Luke Thornton dissapointed

ThePerfectNut

This season did not go as expected and I'm really frustrated with myself. I did not expect to become a top player in the VHL this season, but I did not thought I would take a big step back from last season. 

I felt I was really unlucky when it came to scoring. I miss the net multiple times, I felt like I hit the post at least once a game and the goalies just knew where I was going to shoot it.

Next season I will need adjust my game because I can't be the one being carried every game. After the retirements of Tallinder, Jubis, Lafontaine and Encarnacion and General Zod as a UFA. I need to to be capable on standing on my own. 

I also was really bad on defence, I was getting scored on every single night and it felt painful each time. I was a +15 in my career and now I'm a 0 just because of this season. +/- is the stats that I like the most and it hurts to see this on my career resume on the long term. 

We are in a playoff spot and I hope I can turn things around there since I've been a playoff choker so far now.

I'm still hoping to finish strong and go far in these playoff for the team sake, but I'm excited to shoulder a lot of things in the next 5 years for my team.