Hlozek Heads to Croatia While Awaiting Draft Fate

Bojovnik

Saskatoon Wild defenseman Jan Hlozek has been snapped on vacation in Croatia as he awaits to find out where he'll fall in the draft order of both the VHL and VHLM drafts.

The Topolna-born blueliner was spotted in the historic city of Split along with four friends, believed to be ex-teammates from his time as a junior player in the Czech Republic.

One reporter who noticed Hlozek, approached him and asked what his thoughts were on the upcoming drafts.

"I can't wait to find out where I'll go. It's exciting, as we don't have these sorts of things in the European leagues. Teams want to do interviews, it's crazy. I've never spoken so much about myself before. " he said.

Hlozek, like many from the Czech Republic, choose to travel to Croatia for their vacations, and the Saskatoon Wild defenseman said that he was enjoying his time on the Adriatic coast.

"It's been a tough season, and I'm glad to be here in Croatia where the weather is much nicer. We're just relaxing, enjoying the beach and the sun, what more could you want?" he commented.

Hlozek made his debut for the Saskatoon Wild this past season, recording 13 goals and 46 seasons in his first go-around in the VHLM.