Arvid Johansson Aims for Round 1

Gwdjohnson

As we begin to approach the VHLM Draft, there are many clear top prospects looking like good bets for early selections in the draft. There's a clear top four at the moment in Hard Markinson, Nils Tallinder, The Seabasstard and Sven Reikkinen for the class, but below them there are more prospects where questions are to be asked. One of them is temporary Halifax defenseman Arvid Johansson.

Johansson came over from Sweden as a poised young defenseman with a lot of hype around him, but did not quite turn a lot of heads in his temporary stint with a Halifax team that missed the playoffs. However, he still holds ambitions that he can make it out of the draft a first round pick, and it's his main goal leading up to the draft:

"I believe I will be worth a first round pick, and it's my aim for the draft. I am just working hard to be the best player I can be before the draft, and we will see where that takes me"

Johansson had just one point for Halifax for the tail end of this season, but has shown a lot of poise and confidence for his age, and clearly has a lot of potential to build off of. Only time will tell if he can make it into the first round, though.