Spicy media coming up

Matt_O

It just came to my attention that next week is the last week I can claim my four week media spots I posted in December and January, I posted three 2000 word ones in the span of a few weeks and haven't had to write anything in over two months. Now, I will have to write something again and it couldn't have come at a better time. I just tested positive for COVID on friday so what better to do than write an absolutely killer media spot with my free time? I have to think of an idea and then I can get very into it, I have practically unlimited time now and I don't really have to worry about interruptions at all. 

I think in the spirit of March Madness, I am going to do a comprehensive look into STHS. How does this relate to march madness? Well, it doesn't really, but upsets in March Madness serve as inspiration. A lot of people like to complain about STHS every time their team loses, specifically when they are the favored team. I'm going to go back to season 64, when activity began to increase after the dead era in the S50s and go until now, seeing how many higher seeded teams lost in the playoffs. I will then compare this to the NHL through percentages of how often the higher seed won, and see what happens. Is STHS actually just random, or do people get too angry at it? My opinion is that people just get angry when they lose so they blame it on the sim, but that's just me. We will see the results later this week or next week when I do my research.