Riga End of Training Camp Interviews

Mrpenguin30

As training camp concludes and Riga gets ready to go into the season opener, the team seems to have an electric excitement as they prepare to face the Malmo Nighthawks and Moscow Menace. "Yeah, we are really getting into the spirit of the hype around the team," Harvey said. "Everyone has gotten to really know each other and we have become pretty tight-knit."  With the game Malmo starting tomorrow, Harvey was asked what he thought about them. "Yeah, they are a strong team and we will just have to play them like any other team where we respect their offensive capabilities, keep the pressure on the defense, and challenge their goaltender with shots from everywhere till we get him moving." He then added, "As I was just telling Sovi (Sovick jr), with the team in front of us being so good we are going to have to step up and steal a few goals to keep up with how they are playing."  At the end of training camp interviews, Harvey was asked what he thought about Sovick Jr: "He is a great guy on the ice and in the locker room, he really brightens the place up and I think will make a great tandem partner for the season. With him being a younger guy, I can show him some of the expectations of the team culture and with what the referees will expect on the ice. Who knows, maybe he will show me some new tricks with how playing goaltender keeps changing nowadays." 

-252 Words