Hlozek Hits the Ice in South Beach

Bojovnik

Czech defenseman Jan Hlozek is settling into life down on South Beach, although the Miami Marauders have flattered to deceive so far during their opening five games of the VHLM season, winning three and dropping two.

The Marauders seem to turn a corner in their most recent game, dropping the Mexico City Kings 8-2 in a blowout win, but a pair of losses against conference rivals Mississauga Hounds means that there is work to be done for Florida's team.

"It's been a strange start to the season. I think we're close to where we want to be, but of course, losing twice against Mississauga has been a tough blow," Hlozek told reporters after Tuesday's game.

Hlozek was one of the players tipped for greatness in S77, what many consider to be his final season in the minors before joining up with the Riga Reign next season.

However, the Czech defenseman has looked out of sorts, registering just four points from his first five games, as well as a team-low -3 rating.

"I thought I was in good shape coming into this season and I really wanted to perform well. I'm shooting the puck a lot [Hlozek has 17 shots through 5 games], but the puck just isn't going in for me. All I can do is to keep working and hopefully things will turn around," he concluded.

Edited by Bojovnik