jRuutu

Seattle Bears visited Helsinki Titans yesterday. For many viewers, the meeting of Jim Bob and Ola Vikingstad was the real reason to tune in. The two players switched teams in a trade a few seasons ago, and they were both drafted during the season 71 draft. Quite often, little stories like that add a unique twist to the games.

The game between Seattle and Helsinki was a close battle. Seattle ended up winning 2-1 despite Helsinki firing almost 50 shots towards Rasputin! However, the battle between Bob and Vikingstad ended in a tie. Both players scored one goal for their teams. The game-winning goal was scored by Isabella Campbell in the OT.

The 1-0 goal was the 150th goal for Jim Bob in VHL. He gave us a quick comment after the first period:

''Nice to score goals. I did not know it was a special goal until Kuk threw the puck to me at the bench. It was my 150th goal, a nice little milestone to reach. Still, I'm more interested in winning this game today. Good thing we got the lead. We need to keep going and fight hard in the second period. Shame the fans are not here watching us play, but I trust more than few Titans fans are watching at home. To those of you who are listening now. I'm going to take a run at Vikingstad if I get the chance. If you see me laughing, I landed a good one, so look for that. ''