Lemiuex finally scores first VHLM goal

hockeyis66

It took 11 games, but Jaromir Lemieux finally scored his first career VHLM goal in a 6-3 win over Mexico City.  With the Rush up 5-2, Lemieux took a pass from Zakrevsky and buried one behind the goalie just under 5 minutes into the third period to make it 6-2 in favor of the Rush. 

“It took a lot longer for me to score than I thought it would, but it was definitely a good feeling when the puck hit the back of the net and get that monkey off of my back.  It does start to play with your mind after a while, but my coaches and teammates just told me to keep shooting and the puck would go in eventually.  Just glad it did and glad we could win the game as well.”

Through 20 games, Lemieux has 6 goals and 15 assists for 21 points.  He is also a +3 on the season with 14 PIMs, 34 hits and 66 shots to go along with 7 shot blocks and playing over 22 minutes per game.

“I am glad that coach has confidence in me to play me in all situations so far including the power play and penalty killing units.  I am going to keep working on my skating, shooting and defense in hopes to continue to improve my play and show the organization my dedication to do whatever it takes to help the club win games.”