Can New York make the Playoffs ?

Jubis

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Can New York make the Playoffs ? 

We are a little over 1/3 of the way through season 77.  At the time of writing this New York is currently on a 4 game winning streak. New York is sitting in the final playoff spot in the North American conference. 

25 games in and they hold an 11-12-2 record. Out of those 25 games they have already played the top 2 teams in their conference LA and Chicago  4 times each.  Over the remaining 47 games, they play each team only 2 more times.  Their record vs LA is 0-3-1 and 1-2-1 vs Chicago. So looking past those two teams, the New York Americans have an 11-7-0 record vs the rest of the league.  With 43 of their final 47 games being against anyone not named Chicago or LA i like those odds. 

Conclusion:

Its still very early but after doing some digging I really like New York's chances of proving everyone wrong.  I truly believe we can sneak into the post season.  New York is averaging roughly 42 shots for and against this season per game. The Americans have also scored 4 goals+ in 11  games so far. We have gotten great goaltending lately. I mean combine that with an offense that has been able to fill the net on  any given night, I like our chances.

drake lets go GIF