Mack Attack April

pugsood

While the world of hockey waits patiently and watches Alvin Mack start a new basketball season, teams are still sending scouts, newspapers are still sending beat reporters, and fans are still flocking to Boston in hopes of gaining some indication of Mack's interest in playing in the VHL. The McLean Sun Gazzette, Mack's hometown local paper, was able to gain an interview with the multi-sport star who is embarking on his 4th season in the SBA. The often reserved Mack opened up about some of his upcoming plans.

Sun Gazette: Fans want to know, do you have a future in hockey?
Mack: I don't know. I wish I could say something definitively, but all I know is what I've told you before - that right now my heart is in basketball, I've got a lot I want to accomplish there, but I'm hoping physically and mentally I've got what it takes, whether at my age now, or in a year, five years, ten years, to compete at a high level in hockey.

Sun Gazette: Have you been in touch with any of the GMs in the VHL?
Mack: Nope. I wish I could turn off my inbox indefinitely, so they don't waste their time and that they know how much I respect them and their time. It's flattering to hear from them but I just want everything to be above board.

Sun Gazette: Is training for basketball helping or taking away from your hockey abilities?
Mack: There's no doubt my skills would be somewhat rusty, but I've always subscribed to the idea that playing other sports helps in terms of physical development. Sure, different muscles are being used, but I'm putting in work and if I jump into hockey, I'd be closer to ready than people would expect from a physicality perspective.