The Frustration of Overperforming

Gustav

I have always been, and will always be, on the "shit happens" side when people start complaining about our lovely sim engine. Lose in the cup finals? Shit happens. Lose your playoff series? Shit happens. Miss the playoffs? Guess the answer. Teams will do better (and worse) than you think they're going to, for reasons that you can't quite understand. That happens in real life all the time and is no reason to panic or scream that our sim engine is broken.

That doesn't mean that said luck doesn't annoy me sometimes.

You see, this season's Davos, after I gutted everything and fully expected to be at least in the league's bottom 3, is not only exceeding that expectation but is also outright better than last season's Davos, which had multiple high-TPA players on the roster (Winter, Hornet, and Jensen were all over 900, I think) and which, on paper, had a shot to be pretty darn good. That Davos found themselves last in the standings, so it's certainly weird to see this Davos any better at all, let alone tied for the last playoff spot at the moment.

This does come with a sense of relief that the last run of seasons, where we consistently underperformed, may not have been as much my fault as I thought it may be. Whatever success we're finding now, I'll certainly take it! I just don't deserve it and wish we would have been treated with the same sim kindness in the past.