Juggling Playoffs & Drafts

Deee.Geee

It wasn’t hard to enjoy watching the incendiary middle of season that the Miami Marauders showed the VHLM; they took themselves from a bottom feeder position in the standings to becoming the third best team overall in the league in a matter of weeks.

Now that they’re in the last few laps of the regular season, the Marauders don’t have much more to do to establish a foothold in the playoffs. The players though remain professional and focused – they do not need to be told to not take their foot off the pedal.

This is not the first rodeo for all players except one, the rookie Damien Salducci, who is both trying to learn and savour this experience.

“I thought I’d be in a weird spot what with being the only rookie, but the coaching staff and especially my teammates make me feel like I’ve been around forever. Special group of guys. I know that not everybody gets this experience” he shared with us.

When asked about juggling a season 77 performance while also being looked at for the season 78 draft for the VHL, Damien admitted that he’s aware of the scouts at his games and how his output can influence where he gets picked, if at all.

“I’ve said this before, but there are no guarantees. Every game counts, as cheesy as it is to hear myself say that.”

We wish Miami the best of luck, there are formidable opponents in both the opposing and local conferences that will make this run at the cup anything but easy, but definitely fun to watch for everybody else.