Johnston's Season Review

Alex

Since joining the Yukon Rush 20 games into the season Johnston’s first career season in the VHLM was a roller coaster. Starting off on the third line Johnston scored in each of his first 2 games, following this he would go on to score once more and add an assist for four points in eleven games before being moved up to the second line once on the second line the team started to slide out of contention for the fourth and final playoff spot as their rival team the San Diego Marlins would find success as the Rush faltered and take off up the standings establishing a 16 point lead with only 10 games left over the Rush.

Following the trade deadline Johnston would be moved to the first line as a long-time veteran of the Rush was traded away to Halifax, on the first line Johnston thrived adding to his season point totals in nearly every game and breaking the 20 goal mark in just under 50 games. Johnston finished the season with 24 goals and 26 assists for 50 points in 52 games. In the latter end of the season Johnston improved on the defensive end of the ice as well as he was able to finish the season with 83 hits and 26 blocked shots. Over the final stretch of the season it started to turn around for the Rush however their efforts at the end of the season came a little too late as they finished 10th in the VHLM. With this being said, the current Rush locker room is very optimistic as they have built a solid base of returning players and have a handful of draft picks in the early portion of the draft. Currently Johnston has turned his attention to improving on a consistent basis through the off-season and to the upcoming VHL and VHLM drafts.

In addition thank you to both @Juice and @fromtheinside for making my first season here an incredible experience and helping me with any questions I had along the way!

words: 328

Edited by Alex_J32

Its been more of a pleasure on our side to have you join the Rush and getting to know you, players like you are hard to come by and to have you flourish into a top prospect has been one of my favorite things to come from this season!

Now to look forward to the draft where we hope we can bring you back 😍