Greissy's Corner (2) Jonas Schweisteigier retires!?

ThatsGreissy

Jonas Schweisteigier retires!?

For anyone who hasn’t already noticed, Jonas Schweisteiger, Mexico Cities up and coming defender, has retired suddenly. Jonas was a new addition to Mexico City in the last half of the season, but right from the start, he was absolutely unstoppable! In just 15 games, Jonas had managed to rake up 21 assists, 29 hits and 27 blocked shots. No one thought he would find his legs until the following season, but he proved everyone wrong and quickly caught the eye of GM’s across the league. It wasn’t a complete shock seeing Schweinsteiger retire; in the final game of the season, he went down after taking a shot off the knee. It took a total of 30 minutes and a stretcher to get him off the ice. A lot of speculation ensued on whether or not he would be ready for the next season, but after catching up with Jonas in the hospital earlier this week, he had this to say “you know, it was a scary experience, only playing a handful of games in the league and now I’m lying face down on the ice in screaming pain. It was rough. Thinking “what if I can’t play? What if this is my last game?” but after talking to the doc, my worst fear was confirmed, my knee was shattered and while I will eventually recover, the doctor said I’ll never be able to regain the full range of movement in my knee needed to be effective on the ice. So that’s it for me, 15 games and I’m out for life” While this may be Jonas’s last time on the ice playing competitively, he’s hopeful he can still remain in the game somewhere as a coach, giving back to this generations youth.