VHLM round 2 recap

RstortonYT

Sorry I am a bit late on this one, I was a little busy but anyways, here is a quick recap of round 2 of the VHLM playoffs.

21ST VS HOUNDS

Game 1: Oh baby what a game. High scoring and overtime to open a series! What more can you ask for out of a game 1? Mississauga jumped out to a 4-1 lead after the first. But Halifax would not quit. They stormed all the way back and forced overtime. Three unanswered goals were scored by Halifax in the third would force the overtime. But it was all for not. Just over a minute in, Davey Jones Jr. would score the winner and a truly epic game came to an end.

Game 2: Wow. Another amazing game decided in overtime. Two spectacular goaltending performances would force yet another overtime. This time, there weren't as many goals scored in this one with both teams combining for just 5 goals on 83 shots. 5 minutes into overtime, Gustislav Nasherov would score the winner to give Mississauga a 2-0 series lead. Another gut-wrenching loss for the 21st. They are now tasked with coming back down 2-0 against the best team in the VHLM.

Game 3: A huge win for Halifax. They are back in this series after a 6-4 victory here in game number 3. 3 point games from Germano Henchoz and Kikko Moskinen helped tremendously. There has been an abundance of shots in this game. It has been an offensive battle so far. This is really shaping up to be an epic series. 124 points for the Hounds in the regular season. I know they’re still trailing in the series, but this is a tough Halifax team that nobody should take lightly.  

Game 4: Halifax refuses to quit. A 4-3 win to even the series. After 2, the score was 4-0 Halifax. But Mississauga came roaring back. You look away and all of a sudden boom! It’s 4-3. But Halifax was able to hang on and level the series at 2 a piece.

Game 5: Mississauga responds with a dominant 4-2 victory helped by a pair of goals from Jonny Pacheco to take a 3-2 series lead as it heads back to Halifax for game 6. Can Halifax complete the comeback and the upset? Find out in game 6 of this epic battle.

Game 6: The answer to my last question is no. Mississauga wins game 6 and the series with a dominant 6-3 victory. Halifax put up a good fight, but in the end Mississauga prevails and advances to the Founder’s cup final.

ACES VS MARAUDERS

Game 1: this was an interesting game, we had 6 goals in the first but only one the rest of the way. At 7:47 of the 3rd period, Napoleon Bonaparte would score on the power play, a goal that would stand as the game winner. A disappointed Aces team now has to try and come out strong in game 2 because nobody wants to go down 2-0 in a series.

Game 2: The aces would fall flat. Giving up 3 goals in the 3rd and losing 5-1. A 4 point night from Noah Mashford helped the Marauders take a commanding 2-0 series lead. Panic has to be setting in for Las Vegas. They pulled off a shocking upset of Saskatoon in round 1, they are going to need a little more magic to complete the comeback and challenge the Hounds for the Founder’s Cup. The series heads to Vegas with Miami taking both games at home.

Game 3: In a must-win game for the Aces, they would come oh so close to winning it, falling in overtime by a score of 3-2. Miami’s overtime hero would be Delving Mackey, who would score on the power play to give his team a commanding 3-0 series lead. With their backs against the wall, can the Aces hold off the Marauders? Or will Miami prove too strong and advance with a sweep?

Game 4: In a game where the Aces outshot Miami 36-23, Miami would prevail in overtime, with Alexander The Great scoring the series winner, sending thousands of Vegas fans home unhappy. Again, the overtime winner would be scored on the power play. A pair of overtime penalties cost the Aces the series. You have to wonder: could the Aces have taken both games if it wasn’t for the penalties? We will never know.

In my round 1 recap, I predicted Mississauga to go all the way. While I do believe that this is an excellent Miami team, the Hounds have been so dominant throughout the regular season and playoffs, it would be ridiculous for me not to pick them. Hounds in 6.

Edited by RstortonYT