I like the career point tasks as they are

scoop

So there I was in need of a topic to write about, not wanting to focus on myself again. Then I go and read a thread where people are badmouthing the career point tasks. Now, I'm not going to say they are perfect, but I personally hated writing biographies, so maybe that's just why I prefer what we have now. I saw a lot of people talking about how the Junior Review and Prospect Scouting Report are too similar, but honestly, I think they are fine. Maybe the Junior Review should be tweaked into something more like a backstory article, which is essentially how I view it anyway. This article is supposed to cover time before joining the VHLM. The Prospect Scouting Report is used to focus on their VHLM career and draft outlook. It's two different periods of time in a player's life. Yeah, they are similar periods of their life, but that's why I think maybe just changing up the Junior Review guidelines and calling it something else. I guess you could look at it as removing the Junior Review and replacing it with something else, as some people are suggesting, but however you want to look at it, I think it's a small change that could be made.

I think the Junior Review should be changed into something that is a little more broad. Don't tell people to focus on their pre-VHLM career; just tell them to focus on their life before the VHLM. I always thought it was silly writing a biography any time before late in a player's career. Whatever we turn the Junior Review into, it should be more like what the biography was. A backstory to the player. Make up whatever story you want. Maybe you just want to focus on college/junior hockey, whatever. That's fine. Maybe you want to focus on your player's childhood. That's fine too! It's the first career point task people are theoretically going to be doing, so let them have a little freedom. Just call it Player Backstory.