Zarek Kaczka's Short Season Overview

Hank

Well, here we are. The end of Zarek Kaczka's rookie season. To be honest, I didn't think he was going to do very good. That's why this season surprised me very much. I am not going to be going very in-depth today, as this article is probably going to only be 500 words, as I just need some quick TPE. Now anyways, let's get on with it. The season started out pretty well for Zarek, he was doing pretty great for a VHLM rookie. Scoring a lot, getting way more assists than I expected. He was also doing his job as a defenseman, posing above average defensive stats. He was also enjoying his time with the Aces in Las Vegas, the team atmosphere was great, and they were doing pretty good in the league. 

Kaczka also had many great season highlights. He had a hat trick against the Yukon Rush, which was his first ever. He also had a few 4 goal games, which I don't remember when exactly they were, I just know they happened. In total, he had 31 goals, and 43 assists, putting him at 74 points in 72 games played, barely over 1 point per game. Not bad for a rookie I would say. He also tied for 8th in defenseman points for the VHLM. Another impressive stat, he had 8 game winning goals, tied for 6th in the VHLM among all players. He did take 290 shots though, so I will say he probably should've got more goals considering how much time he was on the ice and how many shots he took. Another bad stat, his +/- was -12. I am going to say this was not necessarily his fault, considering he was a pretty good scorer for defensemen. Speaking of defense, he had 151 hits, and 70 shots blocked. This is by no means legendary, but I think it's slightly above average.

Now, onto the second to last thing, the S77 playoffs.  In 9 games played, Zarek had 4 goals and 5 assists, keeping at 1 point per game. He also included a game winning goal . His defensive performance was subpar I would say, only 7 hits and 5 shots blocked. The +/- was also still a problem, at -8, and during the playoffs I think he did not help as much towards keeping that lower. As for team performance, in the first round Las Vegas beat Saskatoon 4-1, which surprised me to say the least as during the regular season we usually lost to them. My friend @TheCHEESE was on Saskatoon which made it all the lot. Sadly, we got swept in the 2nd round by Miami, who would go on to win the Finals.

Now for out last subject, the upcoming VHL draft. I think Zarek has shown that he can be a good defenseman. I have missed quite a few updates though, which the VHL GMs may see as a problem. But I see this as a way to be a potential steal in the draft, as Zarek will probably go a bit lower. I will start updating every week in the VHL though, so I will get a lot better. At the draft, I should have 189 tpe, which should put me around the late first round or early second round. We shall see though.

9/10

Nice overview of your rookie season! The story has stats and your comments regarding those stats, which are always nice read. I liked your speculation at the end about the draft, this article and those comments should translate into increased draft stock!

A picture could have been nice, but other than that - solid work!