Juniper talks Hot Start

fyrefly

it has been an incredible start of the S78 season for Sheldon Juniper so far. Moving from one retooling team to another, something clicked with linemates Henry Tucker and Green Gaming, and Juniper potted 4 goals and 10 points in only 6 games, good enough for tying for 9th in league scoring. However, the Wolves are floundering at the bottom of the North American conference. After their most recent game (a 5-1 loss at the hands of the Calgary Wranglers), a reporter caught up with Juniper for a post-game interview.

Reporter: That was surely a tough game to lose. How is the mood in the locker room?

Juniper: The last couple games have been rough. I know we aren't exactly in win-now mode, but it still hurts to lose an important game against a rival like that. That said, we have a very young team, and I've been impressed with a lot of the rookies and sophs this season.

Reporter: Everyone from all around the VHL has been stunned by your amazing start, 10 points in 6 games! How does it feel to finally be breaking out?

Juniper: Haha well, I'd like to think not everyone is that surprised, but yeah, I've been getting some good bounces and having some good nights. I do owe a lot of it to my linemates, Tuck and Greenie, they've been awesome to play with and are both fantastic team guys. Overall, to kind of answer your previous question, the vibe is still pretty energized as we're trying to stay optimistic and positive about the season's outlook.

Reporter: Final question here, Sheldon. There was recently an announcement concerning the formation of the VHLE, which will come into effect in three seasons time. What are your thoughts on that?

Juniper: Honestly, I'm still staring at the statement and trying to comprehend it. I knew there was an issue with roster space, but not something so dire that it would provoke something so drastic. I'm pretty excited about it, I'm not going to lie. It looks kind of cool.

Reporter: Thanks for your time, Sheldon.

Juniper: Anytime.

351 words