my thoughts on the VHLE without reading the announcement past the four paragraphs

scoop

I'll go back and read the announcement in full a bit later, but as I was out for a walk earlier, I was thinking about this. First thing I have to say is that given that players are now likely going to take a bit longer to get into the VHL, I personally think this is a great time to increase career lengths. This is something that I have advocated for in the past, with depreciation for players getting much harsher past eight seasons. Instead of just increasing by 2% more each season, I think I suggested something like it going 5/7/9/13/19/27% after the 5th/6th/7th/8th/9th/10th seasons. Add on to that I think disallowing banking going into the 10th season and beyond. Discourage people from playing those extra seasons, but allow it if people just want to. Though I guess maybe this would just add to the problem of too many players. I don't know.

Another idea I had in my mind was regarding the format of the VHLE. The idea of basically another minor league, where it's just worse players on their way to the big leagues seems a little lame. It's just another league with teams where players come and go, come and go. That being said, I think it would be cool if maybe every season, at the beginning, the teams are re-drafted. Something new, something fresh. Players aren't likely to spend more than a season or two in this league anyway, so just re-draft everything every season. Don't allow trades, don't allow players to move up from the VHLM to the VHLE.

Edited by scoop

57 minutes ago, scoop said:

First thing I have to say is that given that players are now likely going to take a bit longer to get into the VHL, I personally think this is a great time to increase career lengths.

Wow we read this, stole the idea, and added into the announcement