Dogfight in the North American Conference

Eso

Guys.... the North American conference is a crapshoot.

unknown.png

Seriously, other than the Seattle Bears and Chicago Phoenix at the top of the standings, about as expected, the New York Americans, Calgary Wranglers, D.C. Dragons, Toronto Legion, and Los Angeles Stars are all in an absolute furball in the middle of the pack. Those five teams are separated by only three points, and there aren't any signs of any of those teams starting to pull away from the pack or fall behind, no stratification whatsoever. Selfishly I think I'd look at my own team, the Calgary Wranglers, as the only team in that list that has a positive goal differential, but it's still impossible to predict what is going to shake out in the last two thirds of the season here.

This makes it a lot of fun, it makes it so every game is crucial, there are no "gimmes" or meaningless cross-conference games, every point matters here, and I think that speaks volumes to how good the parity is in the league. I'm excited to see if any of the teams can figure out a great strategy or maybe make a key acquisition that will help get them over the hump and into the playoffs.

215 words