Dear: "Malmo has had our number!"

Renomitsu

Warsaw, Poland - When asked who she least liked playing against, Warsaw forward Aloe Dear was quick and vocal with her answer.

"Malmo has had our number!  We have not even come close to defeating those green guys this season," she commented at a presser following an overtime loss to Vancouver, "and it is frustrating, to say the least. And it was a... surprising way to open the season."

Dear makes reference to a 2-5 blowout loss against the Nighthawks, a match where she could not make anything happen on four separate power play attempts and allowed a couple of goals while on the penalty kill. Warsaw is well-known for its high scoring games (on both ends of the ice), but the team managed to score 6 goals across two games. That wouldn't be anything unusual for most teams in the VHL -- but because Malmo scored 13 goals in those same two games, it's become a cause for concern.

"We face them a few more times this season, and you can bet I will hop on the ice with a chip on my shoulder," she commented with a smile, "they deserve better than fifth in the European Conference and I suspect cross-conference play will begin to reveal that. But against us? We are going to leave everything on the ice. Be ready."

[This VHL.com article is also being claimed for the uncapped TPE package, #3 of 5.]